Q: I’ve noticed that I have gained weight since I turned 40, even though I haven’t changed my diet. How do I regain my youthful metabolism?
A: I have been asked this so many times over the years. You don’t have to settle for your metabolism slowing down as you age. There are ways to keep your metabolism running well throughout your life!
The key is maintaining a balance of your leptin hormone function by following the five easy guidelines of The Leptin Diet which I developed with my husband years ago!
These guidelines are simple yet highly effective, and they offer a sustainable way of living for optimum health.
You will be amazed how energized you feel after your body gets it’s leptin levels in balance.
1. Never eat after dinner. Finish eating dinner at least three hours before bed.
2. Eat three meals a day. Allow 5-6 hours between meals. Do not snack between meals.
3. Do not eat large meals. Finish a meal when you are slightly less than full.
4. Eat a high protein breakfast. Aim for 20-30 grams of protein at breakfast.
5. Reduce the amount of carbohydrates eaten. Limit carbs, don't cut out carbs completely. Go for complex carbohydrates with lots of fiber.
Follow these, and you will notice a difference!